Thursday, April 24, 2014
1. Where are the dark places that you need or have seen Jesus meet you? Or asked differently where do you see yourself feeling skepticism or anxiety or both?
2. What did Ryan say is the thing that we need to address our skepticism & anxiety? How does this occur?
3. How do we see Jesus showing grace and kindness to Thomas? Why is this a reflection of Christ's grace?
4. Where are the places in our lives where we need to surrender to Jesus and declare the is "God and my Lord"?
Monday, April 14, 2014
1. In verse 14, Paul thanked the Philippians for encouraging him. What are practical ways that you have been encouraged by someone else? Who do you have an opportunity to encourage? How?
2. What works do you feel a partnership with? Why do you feel that?
3. In verse 18, God promises to supply 'ever need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.' How can this principle be abused?
4. What are specific ways we supply ourselves rather than drawing on God's supply? For our sense of acceptance or significance? How do we draw on God's supply for our needs?
5. In verse 21 and 22, Paul reminds us how sweet Christian fellowship is. How do we avoid taking our Christian relationships for granted?
6. What is your greatest obstacle to living more generously (selfishness? busyness? fear?)? How does the generosity of God remove that obstacle?