Sermon Discussion Questions
1) Read over Proverbs 11:1, 16:11 and 22:29. How does Proverbs help us have wisdom in our work place?
2) What are some main themes you see in Proverbs 31:10-31? What should our approach to work be as believers?
3) What does our culture value in work? Or how does the culture say we gain our value?
4) Sermon quote: "Work is the chief place where we love our neighbor as our self." (Dan Doriani excerpt from his book Work) How does this quote impact your view of work? What is encouraging about this?
5) Are you tempted to separate work into categories like sacred and secular? How could this separation hinder your understanding of work? How can it hinder how we treat our neighbors?
6) Sermon quote: "The world says you matter because of your work. But the truth is, you matter, because Jesus did all the work for you. So when you go to work, you have nothing to prove. . We are able to face the work with joy and wisdom and without fear and dread." Is this encouraging to you? Why is this truth so difficult to grasp?