Sermon Discussion Questions
1) After reading this passage, what are we reminded about sin? How does it destroy our freedom?
2) How does the good news of the gospel and the work of Christ free us?
3) What does our freedom in Christ look like in our daily lives? What does it look like in our relationships, worship, inner-lives, etc?
4) Even though we have been delivered from the power of sin, it doesn't mean that sin is still not a struggle. How do you see Jesus working/redeeming/growing you in this way? What does Romans 7 say about this reality of being free in Christ?
5) What stops us from really believing that Jesus died for our sins and we are no longer condemned because of it? How does the truth that sin does not own you...help in your daily relationship with Jesus, others, yourself, the world?