Sermon Discussion Questions
1) After reading over the Samaritan's woman encounter with Jesus, what stands out? How do you see her respond after her interacting with Jesus? How does Jesus approach her?
2) Compare that interaction with Nicodemus in John 3. How does Jesus approach Nicodemus? What truth does Jesus remind both the Samaritan woman and Nicodemus?
3) How has the Jesus corrected and challenged you in your own life, in times of feeling like an outsider?
4) Bulletin quote: "Your worst days are never so bad that you are beyond the reach of God’s grace. And your best days are never so good that you are beyond the need of God’s grace." ( Jack Miller ) This is the heart of the good news of Christ. Has this truth been encouraging you? What barriers may stop you from believing it at times?
5) What truth about Jesus were you reminded about after reading over these passages?